A Blog is a series of articles that you write, much like a journal entry, that are a critical tool to drive traffic to your website. Searches for a business like yours start out fairly broad and pretty general. The prospective client develops ‘long-tail’ keywords that narrow the parameters of the search.
Put yourself in the client’s seat. What are the various combinations of long-tail keywords that prospective client would use to draw someone to find me?
Effective blogging marries a writing style that populates your article with these long-tail keywords.
The hard data proves:
- Blogging once a week can double your free, inbound traffic naturally and increase your leadsby up to 150%.
- Your site receives search engine bumps and brownie points from consistently regular poststhat amass a greater body of work. Volume equals an increase in traffic
- Blogs are more likely to be shared than a webpage.
- Blogs can be a window into your personality bringing a ‘following’.
- Fresh content brings frequent return visitors to your website.
- Websites have become the way people check you out before deciding to do business with you.
- Blogging consistently is the key to getting the biggest bang for your buck from your website.
Maren also provided a great handout to aid us in our quest to become great bloggers.